It’s back! Mark your calendars and save up for great deals on books, books, books!
Manila International Book Fair happens on September 16-20, 2015 (Wednesday-Sunday), 10:00am-8:00pm at the SMX Convention Center. Year after year, we always tell ourselves we will just go take a look around but always end up having enough books to last us for the next 12 months 🙂 .
Us and our love affair with books – we go a long way… and our home can attest to that. We are running out of bookshelves! That is why we find it so hard to resist the really good deals at the book fair. Rows and rows of all kinds of books. We used to just buy for ourselves, and as gifts to friends, but now with our growing family, we find we’re buying more books for the kids and for our kids’ friends!
Some “survival tips” when going to the book fair:
- Wear comfy footwear. There are limited seating space available inside. So you’d spend most of the time standing and walking.
- Bring your own foldable bags – Books can get really heavy. Plastic alone won’t do it sometimes – and it’s not environmental friendly, plus painful on the hands when heavy books are inside.
- Eat some snacks before. – Limited food stalls inside.
- Bring cash – Sometimes, you can haggle more when paying in cash vs via credit card.
- Keep an eagle eye on those bargains! – It does seem like a treasure hunt 🙂
- Have your gift list ready. – With Christmas around the corner, books are always a good gift choice especially for kids who love to learn.
If books are not your thing, you might be interested in the following co-located events:
- Sept 17-18: Digitech Manila Conference and Expo
- Sept 19-20: The Best of Anime
Check out Manila International Bookfair’s website for more details.
Shall we bump into you then at the Manila International Book Fair? See you! 🙂